ADC Cell Unit
Replacing A Cell Unit
- Tools Needed:
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Start by powering down the panel completely.
- Never plug in a cell unit while there is power to the panel, you will risk frying the cell unit.
- To power down the panel you will need to locate the transformer and unscrew the screw securing it to the outlet.
- Next press the two small buttons on top of the panel and pull out, the panel should hinge open (Diagram 1).
- Disconnect battery.
- Pry up the cell unit using a flathead screwdriver (Diagram 2).
- Unscrew the corners of the cell unit (Diagram 3).
- Unscrew the antenna from cell unit, and attach it to the new cell unit. push the new cell unit into it’s place and screw in the screws. Connect battery, and plug in transformer.
- Below the cell unit there is a sticker with a number on it starting with 200, get that number and do a “mod swap” on alarm.com ( it is under customer info and in the top right hand corner there is a link that says “Module Swap >>”).
- After you have the radio serial number swapped out sent a comm test (located under system tests -> comm test).
- The cell unit should register from that point, always send a panic and check signal strength to ensure it is working properly.